So today was one of those days where it was just genuinely good to be alive. I woke up, late for class, on a rainy day, in a sleeping bag on the floor covered in fleas... then burned my "omelet" which turned into a pile of eggs and fillings more than anything else. My coffee was instant, and I only got four hours of sleep - but I couldn't wipe this grin off my face.
Why? Because I'm single. Sure, it's been months and that effect should have worn off by now... but when you've been a counterpart for over 8 years, any day that you get all to your self, with no one to bring you down with a foul mood or "other" plans, is G-R-E-A-T.
Additional reasons to smile? I'm not a homewrecker. That guy from the college party had broken the engagement I had after-the-fact learned about months earlier.
I have also been texting Bar Worker Guy, and he seems genuinely sweet. Too bad I am too busy for dates right now!
I will also try my best to not be too busy for blogs. Sigh.
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment